"Who doesn't love a good mash-up? Potatoes? Avocado? Chocolate and raspberry? Champagne and berries? Check, check and check. I don't have much story to tell this week, except the cooks I knew, while growing up, did not do 'mash-ups'. Food was pretty straight up and dull. Good food does not need to be complicated or fancy, sometimes it just needs to be surprising. Thus, I am just going to give you some GO-On Tap olive oil ideas for using a mash-up of the Meyer Lemon oo and the Blood Orange oo.
* Marinate salmon or chicken in a mix of both oo's and sweet chili paste
* Add to wheat berries, faro or bulgar wheat with a splash of champagne vinegar and top with green peas, onions, a hit of salt, pepper and sliced avocado
* Roast diced sweet potatoes in the blood orange oo and cumin. Make fried eggs on the stovetop in a nice light bath of meyer lemon oo until the edges of whites are solid and crispy. Serve eggs over diced sweet potatoes and top with chives
* Drizzle over soup - especially chicken brothy ones
* Brush into the grooves of your waffle maker before making waffles OR, add to your pancake/waffle batter and add pureed blueberries or raspberries
*Mix these oo's with fresh ginger and soy. Pour over any Asian type noodle or angel hair pasta, serve with scallions, toasted sesame seeds and toasted cashews
Hungry? As always, make this your own. Pour. Savor. Enjoy.”